Saturday 9 January 2010

(500) Days of Summer


Joseph Gordon-Levitt stars in a non-linear romantic comedy with Zooey Deschanel as the object of his affections.

Two problems.It is romantic to a certain degree but there is no happy ending and try as hard as I could there were no laughs in it whatsoever.I have said many times before that the most important factor in a romantic film is a happy ending unless there are certain other special extraneous factors such as in Love Story but this is not the case here.

I understand people saying that broken hearts are part of life but I suggest that is not what one goes to the cinema for.Zooey Deschanel once again trots out her tried and tested "kooky" persona which has been seen on so many previous occasions and very well she does it too but I am sorry Zooey this is only a 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment