Saturday 9 January 2010

VERNON'S FILM OF THE DECADE



I was asked recently by a colleague what would be my favourite film of the decade following the nomination of There Will Be Blood as the best film of the last ten years by "Empire" magazine in one of their polls.I had to think about this one so I did ponder the question for a while before checking my list of my all-time Top Twenty films.

After I did only one of them was made in the last decade - I did think on this point for a while and had to agree with my list.Accordingly then,ladies and gentlemen,my Film Of The Decade is Saw which is my second favourite horror film ever behind the awesome Halloween (if you count The Thing as science-fiction rather than horror).

The franchise,as I mentioned above,is now up to its eighth instalment and shows no sign of flagging.I consider the first film to be,as is common in most franchises,to be the best with its myriad twists and turns and astonishing ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment